Stumped for a song to sway to for your first dance as a married couple? or perhaps something more unconventional for your stroll down the hallway? You can’t go wrong with one of these romantic, love songs of all time.
Kick off the ceremony with a pleasant wedding prelude, or play one of these songs and your first dance will be remembered forever. From tried and true oldies, like Etta James’ “At Last” to more modern hits, this list should give you some ideas for your wedding song search.
We arranged the list alphabetically by artist, as any song could be used at any stage during your wedding.
- “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele
- “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys featuring Usher (you’ll love where it says: Some people want diamond rings / Some just want everything / But everything means nothing / If I ain’t got you)
- “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green
- “In My Life” by The Beatles (you’ll love this part: Though I know I’ll never lose affection / for people and things that went before / I know I’ll often stop and think about them / In my life I love you more)
- “I Will” by The Beatles
- “Stand by Me” by Ben E. King – A classic love song of all time, this song was played at the wedding of Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie.
- “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds
- “Our Love Is Here to Stay” by Billie Holiday
- “Just the Way You Are” by Billy Joel (you’ll love this: I said I love you and that’s forever / And this I promise from my heart / I couldn’t love you any better / I love you just the way you are)
- “Then” by Brad Paisley (you’ll love where it says: Now you’re my whole life / Now you’re my whole world / I just can’t believe / The way I feel about you girl / Like a river meets the sea / Stronger than it’s ever been)
- “Love Never Fails” by Brandon Heath – A classic love song, it was played at the wedding of Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher.
- “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes
- “We’ve Only Just Begun” by The Carpenters (you’ll love where it says: And when the evening comes we smile, / So much life ahead / We’ll find a place where there’s room to grow / And yes, we’ve just begun)
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri – The most romantic song from the movie “Twilight: Breaking Dawn”
- “Lucky” by Colbie Caillat & Jason Mraz
- “Sparks” by Coldplay
- “Steady As We Go” by Dave Matthews Band
- “This Year’s Love” by David Gray – This song was played at the wedding of Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner.
- “As Time Goes By” by Dooley Wilson – One of the many romantic songs from the movie “Casablanca”
- “La Vie en Rose” either in French by Edith Piaf or in English by Louis Armstrong, this song is a classic love song of all time.
- “Your Song” by Elton John – This song was covered by Ellie Goulding and played at the Royal Wedding between the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton.
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley
- “At Last” by Etta James – A classic romantic song, it has been played in the weddings of: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky, and Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban.
- “I Only Have Eyes for You” by The Flamingos
- “Fly Me to the Moon” by Frank Sinatra – You can’t go wrong with a classic of all time.
- “The Best Is Yet to Come” by Frank Sinatra (you’ll love where it says: Come the day you’re mine / I’m gonna teach you to fly / We’ve only tasted the wine / We’re gonna drain the cup dry)
- “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” by Frankie Valli or Lauryn Hill – Played in so many romantic movies, this song reminds you why you’re getting married with the person of your dreams.
- “Better Together” by Jack Johnson
- “How Sweet It Is (to Be Loved by You)” by James Taylor – It has been recorded by artists in an array of genres including soul, pop, gospel, folk, and country.
- “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz
- “Up Where We Belong” by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes – One of the most romantic songs of all time, from the movies “Top Gun” and “An Officer and a Gentleman”.
- “You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Cocker (you’ll love where it says: You’re everything I hoped for / You’re everything I need / You are so beautiful to me)
- “Amazed” by Lonestar – It was played at the wedding of Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott.
- “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Louis Armstrong – This song is another classic love song, it has been performed by several artists and played in famous weddings like: Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, and Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan
- “Here and Now” by Luther Vandross (you’ll love where it says: When I look in your eyes, there I’ll see / All that a love should really be / And I need you more and more each day)
- “Grow Old With Me” by Mary Chapin Carpenter
- “Everything” by Michael Bublé (you’ll love where it says: And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times / It’s you, it’s you, you make me sing / You’re every line, you’re every word, you’re everything)
- “L-O-V-E” by Nat King Cole – Performed by several artists, it is a classic love song of all time.
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole – Translated and performed into several languages, it is another classic love song of all time.
- “Wonderwall” by Oasis
- “That’s How Strong My Love Is” by Otis Redding (you’ll love where it says: I’ll be the rainbow after the tears are gone / Wrap you in my colors and keep you warm / That’s how strong my love is)
- “My Valentine” by Paul McCartney – It was played on Sir Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell wedding.
- “Such Great Heights” by The Postal Service or Iron and Wine
- “It Had to Be You” by Priscilla Lane – A classic song from the movie “The Roaring Twenties”, it was covered by The Starlight Orchestra in David and Victoria Beckham’s wedding.
- “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen
- “Come Rain or Come Shine” by Ray Charles (you’ll love where it says: I’m gonna love you, like nobody’s loved you / Come rain or come shine)
- “You Are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne
- “Wild Horses” by The Rolling Stones
- “By Your Side” by Sade – Celebrities who have used this in their weddings include Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli, and Dave Navarro and Carmen Electra.
- “That’s Where It’s At” by Sam Cooke
- “As” by Stevie Wonder
- “Ribbon in the Sky” by Stevie Wonder – This song was played at the wedding of Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi.
- “You and I” by Stevie Wonder – A classic love song that was played at President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama’s Wedding.
- “Marry Me” by Train – The lyrics of this song portray the feeling of every couple when they’ve found their other half.
- “Crazy Love” by Van Morrison – It has proved to be a classic over the years, has been performed by many musicians, and appeared in films like “When a Man Loves a Woman”.
Do you want assistance with organizing your playlist? Give us a call and we’ll be more than happy to help!