If you’re planning a wedding in 2022, you need to know the most popular wedding songs. Of course, you have your go-to favorites, but a little inspiration never hurt anyone. The songs on this list are intended to serve as a springboard for your wedding music.
Much of choosing the music at your wedding comes down to how communicative you can be with your wedding DJ. The more communicative you are with your wedding song choices, the more the DJ will be able to gauge your musical preferences and create a playlist that fits your preferences.
At Cutting Edge Entertainment, our San Antonio wedding DJs believe your wedding is special and that everyone should be able to groove. We also understand your wedding should be a classy event, so we know how to incorporate the classics and turn your wedding into a tearjerker.
The Best Wedding Ceremony Music
Your wedding ceremony doesn’t have to be the most formal occasion ever. However, you still want to make the occasion memorable and classy. Whether you want to travel the traditional route or modernize your approach, these songs should reflect you and your partner’s taste rather than your attendees’. After all, this is your wedding ceremony.
Best Wedding Procession Music
Classic Wedding Processionals
- Canon in D (Pachelbel’s Canon) – Brooklyn Duo
- Prelude in C – J.S. Bach
- Trumpet Voluntary – Jeremiah Clark
- Bridal Chorus Harp – Richard Wagner
- Butterfly Waltz – Brian Crane
Modern Wedding Processionals
- Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers
- Chapel of Love – The Dixie Cups
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
Best Wedding Recessional Music
The recessional music should take the mood up a notch and display the enthusiasm of the day. You just made a lifelong vow to your partner. Now, it’s time to celebrate. However, you don’t want your guests getting out of their seats and fist pumping quite yet.
Classic Wedding Recessional Music
- Wedding March (from A Midsummer Night’s Dream) – Felix Mendelssohn
- Ode to Joy – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Allegro Maestoso (from Water Music Suite) – George F. Hendel
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 Allegro – Johann S. Bach
- Coronation March (from Crown Imperial) – Sir William Walton
- Hallelujah Chorus (from The Messiah) – George F. Handel
- Hornpipe (from Water Music Suite) – George F. Handel
Best Modern Recessional Music
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Drunk In Love – Beyonce
- That’s What I Like – Bruno Mars
- I’m Yours – Jason Maraz
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- Love On Top – Beyonce
- Something Just Like This – The Chainsmokers & Coldplay
- Beautiful Day – U2
- I Do – Colbie Caillat
- Best Day of My Life – American Authors
Best Wedding Music for the Reception
Now that you’ve tied the knot, it’s time to party. But you still must make sure the formalities such as the first dance, the father-daughter dance and the mother-groom dance are emotional yet fun. When you choose the best wedding songs, you can turn your dream wedding into a reality.
Best Wedding Songs for the First Dance
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Better Half of Me – Tom Walker
- All of Me – John Legend
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Everything – Michael Buble
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
The Best Wedding Songs for Parent Dances
- In My Life – The Beatles
- Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
- Forever Young – Rod Stewart
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- My Girl – The Temptations
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts
- Do I Make Your Proud – Taylor Hicks
- God Only Knows – John Legend
The Best Party Songs for Weddings
- September – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Hey Ya! – Outkast
- Wannabe – Spice Girls
- Y.T. – Michael Jackson
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) – Beyonce
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
The Best EDM Songs for Your Wedding
Your parents and grandparents might not understand but EDM is a party-starter. You can’t avoid at least a couple EDM hits. They’re the easiest way to get your guests fist pumpin’ and jumping around like some crazy people.
- Do It to It – Acraze ft. Cherish
- The Nights – Avicii
- The Motto – Tiesto & Ava Max
- When I’m Gone – Alesso & Katy Perry
- Something Just Like This – The Chainsmokers & The Weeknd
- Shut up and Dance – WALK THE MOON
- I Can Feel It – Sickick
- Happier – Marshmello ft. Bastille
- The Middle – Zedd & Maren Morris & Grey
Your DJ shouldn’t only be able to cater to your music preferences. They should be able to cater to an eclectic group of people and get them groovin’ on the dance floor.
With pandemic numbers dropping, hopefully wedding planners and goers will be able to feel like things are returning to normal in 2022. With everything returning to normal, you should be able to provide your guests with a unique experience they remember forever.
The wedding songs included in this list should give you some examples of what you can pick for the various sections of your wedding. You want a specific song selection for the ceremony, recession, and reception. Whether you choose a wedding band, DJ, or a combination of both, you should come away from your initial consultation feeling heard and understood. You shouldn’t feel like you can’t have questions to ask your wedding DJ.
Professional wedding DJs should have the experience and musical knowledge to deliver on all your song preferences, no matter how obscure. They should also be able to provide insight into how to take your wedding receptions to the next level.
At Cutting Edge Entertainment, our DJs will be able to guide you to the ultimate wedding experience possible. We cater to your musical preferences while ensuring we bring a tailored experience that accounts for all your guests.
Contact us today to discover the party with Cutting Edge Entertainment.